Big Things are Happening at the Farmhouse!



I would like to be here, now.

During the Winter and Fall, when my kiddos are in school, I always look forward to Summer.  Yes, I love Summer (even in Texas).  Not just because of the sunshine-y days and going on vacation, but because of the time we can spend together as a family.  The time spent when we don't have to be anywhere.  When I'm not telling the kids to "pick up the pace" because we're going to be late.  I'm sure that's why we say we truly enjoy the lazy days of Summer.  
So, I was reminded by my youngest  that we haven't really had any of those days.  Not as a whole family together.  Now, I'm not complaining, because we still have plenty of Summer left to enjoy.  It's just that we have spent the past two months either working at the farmhouse or driving to Home Depot or Lowe's for more stuff.  The reason I'm telling you this is because we are so close to finishing the farmhouse that I can taste it!  It won't be long, like, less than a week! 

So, here are some updated pics.  (Warning:  this post has lots and lots of pictures!)  The floors in the following pictures are stained, but the polyurethane hasn't been applied yet.

Parlor/Living Room:
Come on in!


Sitting Room:

No, I still haven't finished stripping the fireplace.  It'll happen, folks, eventually!


Master Bedroom:
Can you see the bathroom?  That's a secret!

Kitchen:
About halfway there!


Sneak peek into the coral dining room!  (No, it isn't burnt orange, people!)


A lot can happen in a week's time.  I can't even keep up with all of the changes.  Here's a little run down:

  • The interior painting is complete.  
  • The cabinets and counter tops are installed.  
  • The floors have been sanded and stained.
  • The  bathrooms are in the process of being put back together.  
  • The new porch boards are installed.  
  • Painting has commenced on the outside of the house!


Upstairs:
Pretty in Pink




So, this week, we are moving in.  We are also moving out of our current house and preparing it for our renter.  There is a lot of work to do and there will be more rushing around than I really like.  I know that the days will go quickly and we will be able to sit and relax as a family together.  


Yesterday, Hubby was working so hard at the house prepping it to paint.  I brought over some lunch for him and he asked me to just sit beneath one of the giant pecan trees while he was eating.  Not really even speaking, just being.  It was wonderful and relaxing.  Even if just for a bit.    I am so grateful for those moments.  Now, if I can just figure out how to get a hammock to hang between two of those trees!


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.  ~J. Lubbock

Comments

  1. I just love it! So fresh and clean looking. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I hope you'll come see it in person sometime! :-)

      Delete
  2. I finally had time to go through your blog. OMGoodness! I'm exhausted just reading about all the work you guys are doing. I just painted two small areas and I can't imagine doing anymore for a while. I can't wait to see your finished product. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have gotten off easy on the work part, but I'm sure there is much more to come. :-) This house will definitely keep us busy!

      Delete
  3. I am so inspired by your work, your heart...this home will speak of your love for years and years and years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love, love it, Jen! What a beautiful blessing for your family to grow together in this charming old farmhouse! Hope you are enjoying settling in, decorating, & resting a little here & there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Popular Posts