Midway Through My Farmhouse Kitchen

What do you think you might see if you were to peek into my kitchen windows?  (I will be moving in soon and don't really care to have peeping toms, so feel free to ring the door bell!)  Anyhoo, right now you would see a big mess and a whole lotta potential!    Just in case you might have forgotten what it looked like before, here you go.
It really wasn't that long ago!

I am so excited to say that my new cabinets are installed and the new drywall has been hung and textured.  
So this happened

And this happened
Hubby has painted the ceiling the color I have chosen to use for most of the ceilings in the house, Behr - Antique White.  I know that the trend right now is to use a lighter version of the wall color for the ceiling, but I really just got overwhelmed trying to choose all of those colors and decided that using one light neutral would help the flow of the space.  Since I'm not a professional designer, take that for what it's worth.  I knew I didn't want to use flat bright white ceiling paint throughout the house. and I wanted a color that would look nice with the many wall colors I have chosen.  So there you have it!
Behr Antique White


For the walls of the kitchen, I decided to go green.  Maybe I'll remember to eat more green leafy vegetables while in my kitchen now?  I actually started out with a paint chip from Benjamin Moore in Sherwood Green.  But, since it is much easier for me to get to Home Depot, I instead chose Behr's Spring Walk.  What do you think?


Benjamin Moore - Sherwood Green HC-118

Behr - Spring Walk UL210-15


It looks like the BM color is more grey and the Behr is more green, but they are close!


Last night, we were cleaning up all of the construction mess so that the painters could come in and paint all of the cabinets and trim.  We still needed to remove the glass cabinet doors and the painted-on hardware along with the 20 year old mini blinds.  Which, by the way, I wanted to try one of those fun pinterest ideas of turning old blinds into roman shades but I couldn't do it due to the state that the blinds were in once they had been taken down.  Seriously, they did not want to come down, so the blinds had it coming to them...  I have to tell you that it was an overwhelming experience seeing the house in that state.  With all of the ceilings and walls patched and re-textured, it was like a clean slate.  Don't we all need that feeling sometime?  I am starting to feel like the house actually belongs to us and we get to start making our own new memories there.  So, today, I'm grateful for my husband and our children because we get to make those memories together!


~Jen

Comments

  1. Love the green you have selected. Can't wait to see the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! Nope, we haven't met, but I think I saw your blog on Donna Spies FB page or something and I was intrigued. The house that you are remodeling has been there for years (all my life that I can recall) and has been the "big white house" that I have admired for as long as I can remember. I am actually moving into a rental house in the little subdivision behind your house so I have been able to see your progress on the outside. Anyway, the house has such great potential and I am so glad that you are blogging about it as you go! Perhaps someday I will find my own farmhouse to remodel and make my own. Thank you for sharing!
    Wendy Billups Norris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, I'm so glad you like the blog and the house! It's great to know that we'll have some neighbors, I can't wait to meet you sometime! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Popular Posts