Boys and Their Toys

Father and Son
Part of the renovation process has been repairing the front porch and prepping it for a new paint job.  So, hubs has taken this job on himself.  It has been a tough job involving a grinder, a sander, goggles and a dust mask.  The sweat and cuts (oops!) seem to be just part of the job.  So, while I was at home this weekend with our sweet daughter helping her recover from a tonsillectomy, Hubby took our son over to the house to work on the porch.  Father and son together working on a project, that's a good thing.


What up?
The boys made a trip to the dump and then picked up a load of porch boards to replace the rotted boards on the porch.         Apparently, the type of boards used on the porch are not your average porch boards, so we had to find a lumber supplier that specializes in hard to find wood.  Together, the boys picked up the wood and got started.  First removing the old boards then replacing them with the new.  When I stopped by, they had this system working to put the porch back together and they were using some building terminology that I am apparently unaware of.  It was interesting seeing them working together so succinctly, as if in their own construction zone world.  

So, my son turns 14 next week.  How and when did that happen?  He's growing up and I love that he wants to hang out with his Dad and learn the things children should learn.  These are skills for his life and I know that while I certainly won't forget watching them work together, I know that he won't forget that bond either.  


For that I am forever grateful.


~Jen

Comments

Popular Posts